Short Bio: As a 1986 La Vega graduate, I am very excited to be here. I have worked in public education for thirteen years and am bringing 16 years library experience with me to the campus.
Daily Schedule: The library will be open from 7:45 - 11:45 and 1:15 - 4:00 each day.
Educational Philosophy: I truly believe reading is the most essential component of education. By building stronger readers, we are ensuring academic success across all areas of the curriculum.
Spring Semester Concepts: The students will continue building on prior library knowledge/skills. Whether it be a project for core classes or recreation, students will continue to self-select books that peak their interest. The students will continue to follow general library practices and procedures for the 2016-2017 school year.
Math Rocks: Meets every Tuesday and Wednesday from 4:00-5:00.
- Learn the fun side of math
- Explore math that is all around you
- Helps you think "outside the box"
- Fulfills academic needs for your future education
- UIL Calculator contest is February 22, 2017
- Team consists of 5 students and 1 alternate.
- Questions can be true/false, multiple choice, and short answer with title of the book.
- Questions will be read aloud and teams have 25 seconds to discuss their answer and write it on a white board. All teams will display their answers at the same time.
Titles of books must be written exactly as displayed in the rules and must be spelled correctly. No partial credit will be given.
When required, authors’ last name must be spelled correctly.