Hey there! My name is Ms. Hennigan, and I'm proud to be joining the 7th grade team at La Vega Junior High George Dixon Campus! Education has always been a passion of mine, and I can't wait to get to know you. There is so much that i'm looking forward to this year. Go Pirates!
Current Classroom Topic:
3rd 6 weeks: Analysis and Composition of Informational Texts
My teaching philosophy is based on my belief that the activities of reading help us construct meaning from our experiences by prompting us to think critically about our world.
- Promote critical thinking and creativity.
- Engage the students' interest and demonstrate the relevance of reading to their lives.
- Acknowledge and support each student as an individual learner.
- Participate as a fellow learner with students.
- Students will use context such as contrast or cause and effect to clarify the meaning of new words.
- Students will use text evidence to support an appropriate response to questions.
- Students will explain the author's purpose and message within a text.
- Students will make inferences and use evidence to support understanding.
- Students will summarize texts in ways that maintain meaning and logical order.